Frequently asked questions about Innovote
- Does Innovote support public voting (aka audience voting)? Does Innovote support public voting (aka audience voting)?
- What do I need to use Innovote at my event/award? What do I need to use Innovote at my event/award?
- How can I customize the voting? How can I customize the voting?
- What about data privacy? What about data privacy?
- What is a voting portal? What is a voting portal?
- How can I customize my voting portal? How can I customize my voting portal?
- What cookies do you store? What cookies do you store?
Does Innovote support public voting (aka audience voting)?
Voting portals can be configured either for a closed set of people (usually juries, experts, judges etc) where you will create a username and password for each one. Or you can switch to self registration (audience mode) where anyone can enter an email address to start voting.
What do I need to use Innovote at my event/award?
Provide a wifi with internet to your users. That's all. It's that simple. As long as they can reach the web they can reach our global data centers. The data transferred to your clients is minimal, but if you'd like to host Innovote inside your own event network contact us to discuss.
How can I customize the voting?
Innovote supports two modes. Simple mode lets your users choose a single winner. Scorecard mode lets you create different criteria that users judge the nominees on.
What about data privacy?
What is a voting portal?
A voting portal let's you collect jury or audience votings on a number of nominees. Results are aggregated accross a voting portal, so you could have seperate voting portals for different awards, pitching rounds or event days. Each one in your account has a unique link (e.g. innovote.io/youreventname) and counts towards your total.
How can I customize my voting portal?
In terms of design you can add your own logo (visible at the top of each screen) and choose a primary color used to highlight active elements.
What cookies do you store?